European Parliament's discussion on identification of children victims of trafficking for sexual exploitation in Europe
Her Excellency the Ambassador of the Kingdom of Sweden to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Johanna Stromquist, and the First Secretary of the Embassy of Sweden, Annelie Stiglund, visited the association "Novi put" today.
- Reduction of number of trafficked people B&H citizens and victims of child abuse through internet
- Empowering of potential/genuine victims of THB to seek assistance
- Strengthening of capacities of relevant anti-trafficking institutions
- Streamlining of anti-trafficking initiatives and efforts
- Awareness raising and sensitizing of general public in the Project Area about HT and child abuse through internet and related sever human rights violations;
- Awareness raising about the issue of HT and child abuse among students in chosen schools and their teachers;
- Improvement of the existing multi-disciplinary response to the THB issue;
- Sensitizing of professionals dealing with the THB issue and elimination of potential prejudices about the THB issue;
- Empowering of potential/genuine victims of THB to seek assistance and report cases of trafficking;
- Providing of information on suspicious vacancies and safe migration to those interested in migration;
The project is supported by the he State Secretariat for Migration (the SEM) and the Swiss Embassy. The beneficiaries will be informed about the phenomenon, risks and ways of protection. A minimum of 3,500 direct beneficiaries and 9000 community members will benefit from the project activities, through ongoing outreach work and face-to-face approach in the Project Area. Contacts with all relevant anti-trafficking institutions that are represented in Mostar and Sarajevo Regional Monitoring Teams for Anti-Trafficking will be regularly maintained aimed at exchange of information and streamlining of the activities. 100 lectures for 2000 students and 100 teachers, 4 round tables for 100 parents and 2 awareness raising events for youth on the issue of human trafficking and child abuse through internet will be organized. The students, teachers and parents will complete surveys for the purpose of statistical analysis to be carried out during the project and to gather concrete information from the grassroots about the current situation related to child abuse through internet and human trafficking. This analysis shall be presented to all relevant stakeholders and shall assist in drafting future strategy of “Novi put”.
Preparatory online workshop on the occasion of the launch of the awareness raising campaign about child trafficking in Bosnia and Herzegovina
The association "Novi put" organized a preparatory online workshop on the occasion of the start of the awareness raising campaign about child trafficking in Bosnia and Herzegovina, which is supported by the joint programme of the European Union and the Council of Europe "Horizontal Facility for the Western Balkans and Turkey 2019-2022" and the Project "Prevention and Combating Trafficking in Human Beings in Bosnia and Herzegovina", on February 25, 2021. The awareness raising campaign will be implemented by the Association "Novi put" in the period February-July 2021 in co-operation with the member organization of the RING network" - Foundation "Lara" Bijeljina, “Women's Rights Center “ Zenica, Association „Women of B&H“ Mostar, Association „Budućnost“ Modriča, Association of Roma Women "Better Future" Tuzla, Foundation "United Women" Banja Luka, and in cooperation with officials of state institutions and public services that have in their mandate the preventing and combating of trafficking in human beings and children, as well as other members of the Network "RING“.